KITZ SCT America Corporation
Effective as of: [July 6, 2022]
When you use our website, products, services, or other activities (the “Services”), we collect, use, and become responsible for certain personal information about you. Your use of our Services constitutes your consent to these practices.
|“We,” “us,” or “our”
|KITZ SCT America Corporation, its parent, its affiliates, and the KITZ Group
|Any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
The CCPA applies to all California residents who visit our website. California residents who visit our website are permitted to request information regarding:
Furthermore, California residents are entitled to:
Please see the “How to Exercise your Rights” and “How to Contact Us” sections for more information.
|Categories of Personal Information
|Specific Types of Personal Information Collected
|Identifiers (e.g., name, alias, account name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, e-mail address, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers)
Internet Protocol address;
|Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
|Commercial information (e.g., records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
|Product purchase history with us;
Requests for quotations;
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement)
|Browsing history on website;
Download history on website;
|Approximated location via Google Analytics;
|Professional or employment-related information
A “legitimate interest” is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
Below, we have explained what we use your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
|What we use your personal information for
|To provide products and services to you
|For the performance of our contract with you, or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract (e.g., responding to request for quotations or technical specifications)
|To prevent and detect fraud against you or the KITZ Group
|For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (i.e., minimizing fraud that could be damaging for us and for you)
|Conducting checks to identify our customers and verify their identity;
Screening for financial and other sanctions or embargoes;
Other processing necessary to comply with professional, legal, and regulatory obligations that apply to our business
|To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
|Gathering and providing information required by or relating to audits, inquiries, or investigations by regulatory agencies or bodies
|To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
|Ensuring business policies are adhered to (e.g., policies covering security and internet use)
|For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (i.e., ensuring we are in compliance with our own internal procedures so we can deliver the best service to you)
|Operational reasons, such as improving efficiency, training and quality control
|For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (i.e., to be as efficient as we can so we can deliver the best service for you at the best price)
|Statistical analysis to help us manage our business and our services (e.g., in relation to our financial performance, customer base, efficiency measures, and product range)
|For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (i.e., efficiency measures to deliver the best service to you)
|Preventing unauthorized access and modifications to systems
|For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (i.e., prevent and detect criminal activity that could damage us or you);
To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
|Updating and enhancing customer records
|For the performance of our contract with you, or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (e.g., ensuring we can effectively communicate with our customers about existing orders and new products)
|Marketing our services to:
• Existing and former customers;
• Third parties who have previously expressed an interest in our services;
• Third parties with whom we have had no previous dealings.
|For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (i.e., promote our business to existing and former customers)
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see “How and Why We Use Your Personal Information”). This means that we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will first seek your consent separately and clearly.
Your personal information will be treated with the utmost respect, and will never sell your personal information to other organizations outside of the KITZ group for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by:
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations upon service providers to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you. We may also share personal information with external auditors as it may relate to accreditation or the audit of our accounts.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of a portion or all of our business, or while in the process of a company re-structuring. We will typically anonymize information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set forth in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information.
|Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You
|The Right to Know:
• The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
• The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
• The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any, and,
• The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that we are not required to:
• Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
• Re-identify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information; or,
• Provide the personal information to you more than twice in a twelve (12) month period.
|Personal Information Sold or Used for A Business Purpose
|The Right to Know:
• The categories of personal information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and,
• The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt out of the sale of your personal information. Under the CCPA, a the “selling” or “sale” of personal data means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating (in oral, written, or electronic form) a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not sell any personal information to any third parties.
|Right to Deletion
|Subject to exceptions set forth under “How to Exercise Your Rights,” on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and,
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or, prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure that right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligations; or,
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
|Protection Against Discrimination
|You have the right not to be discriminated against because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we are prohibited from the following activities, without limitation, in connection with your exercise of those rights:
• Denial of goods or services to you;
• Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts and other benefits or through the imposition of penalties;
• Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or,
• Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of such goods or services.
Please note that we may charge a different price or rate or provide a different level or quality of goods and/or services to you, if that different is reasonably related to the value provided to our business by your personal information.
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information contained in the “How to Contact Us” section.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we are unable to verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
|Type of Cookie
|Strictly Necessary Cookies
|This cookie is used to store authentication details.
|This cookie is created after login to indicate that a user has logged in, and contains certain user information. Deleting this cookie will log the current user out.
|This is a cookie used to test if a cookie can be set, and checks if cookies are enabled on the browser to provide appropriate user experience. This cookie can be created, even if a user is not logged in.
|This is a customization cookie that is unique to the user. It is used to persist a user’s configurations and to customize the view of the site / interface.
|This is a cookie that identifies the time in which the above user-id was set. This is used to customize the site or interface.
|Google Analytics Cookies
Under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We do not currently sell any personal data you provide to us either directly (e.g., voluntary submission through our website or by providing your personal information by email, mail, or telephone) or indirectly (e.g., cookies). You may contact us for further clarification about your rights as a California consumer.